Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app stored in icloud ?

I have an app (bp pulse) originally downloaded from internet, now seems to be stored in my cloud. I am having trouble with the app and have deleted it and then re loaded it but it looks like it re loads from icloud. Would it be the original I loaded from internet or would it have been updated to the latest version of the app ? In other words am I just reloading the same version everytime. can't seem to get it to download again from the internet it always defaults to download from icloud. I have an apple iphone SE can anyone tell me how to get an updated app on to my phone, without it coming from icloud. Sorry if I have not explained this problem well.

Thanks in anticipation

Roychip2

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 1:45 PM

4 replies

Apr 11, 2022 3:14 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks FoxFifth

When I originally loaded this app(bp pulse) it just gave me the option of "GET" now when I delete it and re install it comes up with a graphic of a cloud with an arrow pointing in the down direction, so I assumed it was coming from the cloud. If, as you say, that's not the case then I have a perfectly updated app that still doesn't work. Thanks for your interest.

Apr 11, 2022 4:30 PM in response to roychip2

It is coming from “the cloud” in that the App Store is a virtual store, housed in the cloud or internet. But it has nothing to do with iCloud which is Apple’s proprietary personal cloud based storage system for their users personal files. Just as MS OneDrive is Microsoft’s personal cloud based storage system, or Google Drive is Google’s personal user cloud based storage system.

app stored in icloud ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.