Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App download from iCloud

I am trying to download an app that was previously on my phone and it saved to my iCloud but it will not give me the option to download it again. The App Store only gives me the option to open the app but not download it. My phone is running 15.4.1. How do I remedy this?

thanks

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2022 11:17 AM

If it only gives the option to open, that indicates that the app is still on the phone.

Note that apps can be removed from the home screen without being deleted. Go to the App Library (swipe left past your last home screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it left back to the home screen.

The following may also help: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Jfronczek

If it only gives the option to open, that indicates that the app is still on the phone.

Note that apps can be removed from the home screen without being deleted. Go to the App Library (swipe left past your last home screen). From there you can touch and hold an app and slide it left back to the home screen.

The following may also help: Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

App download from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.