Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air M1 English version keyboard, can I add Arabic language to the laptop?

I am planning to buy a MacBook Air m1 13 inch (English keyboard). Would I still be able to add an Arabic keyboard / typing to the laptop?

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 2:25 PM

5 replies

Apr 11, 2022 5:23 PM in response to yehya34

yehya34 wrote:

I am planning to buy a MacBook Air m1 13 inch (English keyboard). Would I still be able to add an Arabic keyboard / typing to the laptop?

You can type Arabic regardless of the kind of keyboard you have:

Write in another language on your Mac - Apple Support

Apple also makes machines with Arabic keyboards. These always have English letters printed on them in addition to Arabic. They are available in the US but not in all other countries.

Changing hardware keyboards on a machine after you have bought it is probably difficult and expensive.

Apr 12, 2022 7:49 AM in response to yehya34

yehya34 wrote:

basically I can purchase any version and add a skin cover on the keyboard?

PS Note that there are two kinds of keyboards, ANSI and ISO. ISO has an extra key at bottom left and had a vertical enter/return key. ANSI has a horizontal return key. US English is ANSI, while International English and Arabic are ISO. Skins for Arabic would be ISO I think and probably not fit an ANSI keyboard.

Apr 12, 2022 5:34 AM in response to yehya34

yehya34 wrote:

sounds great, so basically I can purchase any version and add a skin cover on the keyboard? (Since the hardware does not support the language)

Yes, assuming you can find the right skin for your machine and the layout you want to use. There are several available: Arabic, Arabic qwerty, Arabic PC, Arabic azerty PC, Arabic 123.

(And in the US and some other countries you can buy a machine that does have Arabic printed on the keys)

I have a MacBook Air M1 English version keyboard, can I add Arabic language to the laptop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.