Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can I find downloaded documents

I can't find a document that I downloaded from email - and there is a large ? where the downloads used to be located. please advise

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 7:44 AM

magpie158 wrote:

I can't find a document that I downloaded from email - and there is a large ? where the downloads used to be located. please advise

If you download from Mail.app— a dialog box opens, and ask you: where when you select...(?)

A ? anywhere— implies the original associated file can no longer be found. Drag it to the trash and try again.

If it is recent open the Time Machine local snapshots and restore it. If it is older document then go back in Time machine in restore it. About Time Machine local snapshots - Apple Support

restore items backed up with Time Machine

Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

or re-download from your Mail.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 7:44 AM in response to magpie158

magpie158 wrote:

If you download from Mail.app— a dialog box opens, and ask you: where when you select...(?)

A ? anywhere— implies the original associated file can no longer be found. Drag it to the trash and try again.

If it is recent open the Time Machine local snapshots and restore it. If it is older document then go back in Time machine in restore it. About Time Machine local snapshots - Apple Support

restore items backed up with Time Machine

Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support

or re-download from your Mail.

where can I find downloaded documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.