Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote not working.

My Apple TV remote died. I charged it with the charging cord for several hours… still nothing. It’s about a year old. I had not charged it at all as I basically forgot about it. Is there a battery I need to change? The model has the charging location but no circular opening on the back where I’d normally change a battery…

Thoughts?

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 6:16 PM

Verify that you charged correctly/as intended, from this support document:

Charge your Siri Remote - Apple Support

You may need to pair the remote again, if the battery was depleted. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

If it still doesn’t charge despite following the directions, then contact the Apple Support staff.

The old style remote has the replaceable battery. The new style remote has a fixed chargeable battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 6:16 PM in response to Noclearidea

Verify that you charged correctly/as intended, from this support document:

Charge your Siri Remote - Apple Support

You may need to pair the remote again, if the battery was depleted. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

If it still doesn’t charge despite following the directions, then contact the Apple Support staff.

The old style remote has the replaceable battery. The new style remote has a fixed chargeable battery.

Apple TV remote not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.