Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard and trackpad not working after sleep

Hi..

just get myself a new MacBook Air M1, and found this problem.

the keyboard and trackpad stop working (not responding) after it sleep or close the lid.

the power button still work, so I still can restart it when it freeze.

already try reset the SMC, update the OS. and it still do the same.

anyone had the same problems, and found the solution?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 6:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 11:29 PM

Hi,

Try to check your Trackpad and Keyboard with Apple Diagnostics if it reports TrackPad and Keyboard related error(NDK001, NDK003, NDK004, and NDR001, NDR003 to NDR006).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it reports error or not, I recommend to make Genius Bar reservation or find local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there. As far as I know, it's free if you just examine your MacBook Air.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 11:29 PM in response to Andy_mahardika

Hi,

Try to check your Trackpad and Keyboard with Apple Diagnostics if it reports TrackPad and Keyboard related error(NDK001, NDK003, NDK004, and NDR001, NDR003 to NDR006).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it reports error or not, I recommend to make Genius Bar reservation or find local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air there. As far as I know, it's free if you just examine your MacBook Air.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

keyboard and trackpad not working after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.