Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG on my Apple Watch

Hi there,

iam from Egypt and I have a series 7 Watch and I’m wondering why the ECG is not available in my region?

and also is this option going to be available in the future in my region?

P.s: I bought the Watch only for this option.

Thank you and I’m waiting your answer.

Have a good day:))

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:16 PM

This is a user-to-user technical support forum, and the volunteers here do not have access to internal Apple communications.

We can only assume that if Apple has a presents in Egypt, then a local representative would have gotten in touch with local legal teams that specialize in medical law, and would have put together the paperwork to make the request. But that is all an assumption on my part.

I will add, that in many countries, if you ask the approving authority, you get strange answers, because sometimes there is a long dance before any company can actually "Apply", but until that dance has come to a close, no application can be submitted, so the medical authority says there is no application. That does not mean Apple is not involved in the pre-application dance, just that the medical authority says they have not applied.

We watched this happen in Australia for 2 years, with everyone saying Apple does not care about the Australian customer, when it was their own government laws that prevented Apple from ever reaching the "Apply" stage, and all along the government just said "Apple has not applied".

In Canada, there were people claiming to be "In the Know" and had talked to the Canadian medical authority saying Apple has not applied, and 1 week later Apple announced that Canada would get ECG. You cannot trust what people "In the Know" report, because as with most governments, it is difficult to find the right person to ask, and even more difficult to get them to say anything that translates into something that makes sense to a normal person.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 8:16 PM in response to Mina_emeil

This is a user-to-user technical support forum, and the volunteers here do not have access to internal Apple communications.

We can only assume that if Apple has a presents in Egypt, then a local representative would have gotten in touch with local legal teams that specialize in medical law, and would have put together the paperwork to make the request. But that is all an assumption on my part.

I will add, that in many countries, if you ask the approving authority, you get strange answers, because sometimes there is a long dance before any company can actually "Apply", but until that dance has come to a close, no application can be submitted, so the medical authority says there is no application. That does not mean Apple is not involved in the pre-application dance, just that the medical authority says they have not applied.

We watched this happen in Australia for 2 years, with everyone saying Apple does not care about the Australian customer, when it was their own government laws that prevented Apple from ever reaching the "Apply" stage, and all along the government just said "Apple has not applied".

In Canada, there were people claiming to be "In the Know" and had talked to the Canadian medical authority saying Apple has not applied, and 1 week later Apple announced that Canada would get ECG. You cannot trust what people "In the Know" report, because as with most governments, it is difficult to find the right person to ask, and even more difficult to get them to say anything that translates into something that makes sense to a normal person.

ECG on my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.