Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Can't I Receive Texts from Several People

Hello.

This is my first time using this service.

My problem is this.

I don't receive text message replies from 2 people for certain and there may be more than I am unaware of.

I've tried all of the advice from Apple support, such as deleting and then recreating the contact, but nothing has helped.

Thanks

I have IPhone se 2nd gen

iPhone SE

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 9:49 PM

Northcape Said:

"Why Can't I Receive Texts from Several People: Hello. This is my first time using this service. My problem is this. I don't receive text message replies from 2 people for certain and there may be more than I am unaware of.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Blocked Callers:

Three things to try:

A. Contact your Carrier:

Ask you Carrier for assistance with this. Perhaps it is a mishap on their end?

B. "Unblock this Caller":

Add this personal as a contact. If they already are one, then select them from your Contact list of the Phone app, and then scroll to the very-bottom of their profile and tap: "Unblock this Caller"

C. Uninstall Security Software:

Also, do you have any third-party Security Software on your device? If so, a filter on it may be blocking it out. So, uninstall this app from your device.  Security Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2022 9:49 PM in response to Northcape

Northcape Said:

"Why Can't I Receive Texts from Several People: Hello. This is my first time using this service. My problem is this. I don't receive text message replies from 2 people for certain and there may be more than I am unaware of.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Blocked Callers:

Three things to try:

A. Contact your Carrier:

Ask you Carrier for assistance with this. Perhaps it is a mishap on their end?

B. "Unblock this Caller":

Add this personal as a contact. If they already are one, then select them from your Contact list of the Phone app, and then scroll to the very-bottom of their profile and tap: "Unblock this Caller"

C. Uninstall Security Software:

Also, do you have any third-party Security Software on your device? If so, a filter on it may be blocking it out. So, uninstall this app from your device.  Security Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example of how and why.

Why Can't I Receive Texts from Several People

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.