Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The health app on my iPhone (using 14.7.1) is defective

The health app on my phone is using a whopping 3 Gb of storage. I've been using a Samsung fitness band (now removed) and my phone was recording my heart rate ever 1/2 second. Seriously. Now I can't delete the data and free up the space. Is the Health App buggy and how can I wipe it clean then isolate it so it never curses me again?

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 8:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 12:44 AM

If you are stuck on 14.7.1 do you have a beta profile in Settings, General, VPN & Device Management? If yes then remove it and allow the phone to update.

Try Settings, Health, Data access & Devices, Tap on your phone in Devices, Tap on Delete all data from "your phone".

If you cannot delete the data in the Health App then, because the Health App itself cannot be deleted, you could

Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup

This will update your iOS to 15.4.1 if you removed any beta profile.

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 12:44 AM in response to Mike444b

If you are stuck on 14.7.1 do you have a beta profile in Settings, General, VPN & Device Management? If yes then remove it and allow the phone to update.

Try Settings, Health, Data access & Devices, Tap on your phone in Devices, Tap on Delete all data from "your phone".

If you cannot delete the data in the Health App then, because the Health App itself cannot be deleted, you could

Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup

This will update your iOS to 15.4.1 if you removed any beta profile.

If you can import your media to Photos or iTunes in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.

(1)          How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3)          Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

The health app on my iPhone (using 14.7.1) is defective

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.