Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Display Issue after update to 15.4.1

Hi,

I am currently using IPhone XR, I have recently updated the software to 15.4.1. After update my screen all colours are faded and screen has turned black and white. I have restarted my mobile many times. What can I do to resolve this issue?

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 11, 2022 10:57 PM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2022 3:47 PM in response to Tbasx2

KrishSejpal Said:

"Iphone Display Issue after update to 15.4.1: [...]It’s not a subtle change, either. In my web browser, all of the clickable links changed as I was scrolling. Pop! New color! it’s getting really annoying. Auto-brightness is off."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Update Screen Errors:

Some Things to Try:

A. Start with a Restart:

Restart your iPhone, and see if it then is fixed.

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout

C. Try Another Bowser:

Try various Web browsers, seeing if you get this issue. Try using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You'll get each in the App Store.

D. Any Backups Prior to this Update?

Restore from a backup you've previously made. If you never made a backup, then take this as a learning experience, and note to always backup your iPhone prior to updating it.  Learn More Here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a Backup - Apple Support

and...

E. Report this to Apple:

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Comment: that it is after installing iOS15.4.1 when the issue began. In dude the URL of this post in your feedback.
  3. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Apr 11, 2022 11:00 PM in response to KrishSejpal

Did you try a hard reset/ force restart?

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID

To force restart iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, or any iPhone 11, iPhone 12, or iPhone 13 model, do the following:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Apr 11, 2022 11:16 PM in response to KrishSejpal

KrishSejpal Said:

"Iphone Display Issue after update to 15.4.1: Hi, I am currently using IPhone XR, I have recently updated the software to 15.4.1. After update my screen all colours are faded and screen has turned black and white. I have restarted my mobile many times. What can I do to resolve this issue?"

-------

Did you Ever Get a New Screen?:

If you are getting a notification after an update, then the issue is that is an ungenuine display. So, did you have this screen replaced, ever? If so, then ask the person who replaced it to replace it once more, but this time with a genuine screen. Elsewise, you'll continue getting the issue. They should have known better.  Learn More here: About Genuine iPhone Displays - Apple Support

Apr 20, 2022 3:09 PM in response to TheLittles

I have the same issue. 100% stock phone. No replacements or repairs. The tint and other settings are correct.

it doesn’t matter what app I use, the color dims, brightens, shifts, and changes depending on the ambient light I’m in. It’s not a subtle change, either. In my web browser, all of the clickable links changed as I was scrolling. Pop! New color! it’s getting really annoying.

Auto-brightness is off.

No setting I’ve tried playing with is correcting this unwanted “feature”.

Iphone Display Issue after update to 15.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.