After updating IPhone to 16.6 version , display is showing horizontal green and red lines

i updated software version for iPhone 13 mini to 16.6.

after updating I observed that phone screen is suddenly showing horizontal green and red lines.I restarted my phone but no use.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 28, 2023 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2023 10:54 AM

Hello Sunflowerflorida,

When you restarted the iPhone, does it show the green and red lines during the startup process? This would most likely indicate a hardware concern that would need to be looked at through service. Depending on your region, this link can get you started with that: iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

You can also reach out to Apple directly from this link here: Get Support

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2023 10:54 AM in response to Sunflowerflorida

Hello Sunflowerflorida,

When you restarted the iPhone, does it show the green and red lines during the startup process? This would most likely indicate a hardware concern that would need to be looked at through service. Depending on your region, this link can get you started with that: iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

You can also reach out to Apple directly from this link here: Get Support

Take care!

Sep 5, 2023 3:02 PM in response to Sunflowerflorida

Lately my phone also got the display issue( screen turning green and being unresponsive) happening mostly to iPhone 13 series models. I think most of u may already heard about this issue.

Approaching the apple authorised service centre,display replacement is the only solution they provide . If ur device is still under warranty it will be a free of cost repair. But phones which are out of warranty will cost an enormous amount ranging b/w 32 and 35 thousand rupees for the same.

My phone was already out of warranty (4-5) months ,but i still managed to get a free of cost display replacement.

So I'm sharing the process if it may help any

Call apple customer care ASAP.Once u notice the issue.

Try troubleshooting steps provided by them.

If not revived ask them to transfer the call to senior team.

Elaborate the issue and answer their questions.

They will register a case regarding the same and case id will be shared to u for the convenience.

Submit the phone in apple authorised service centre for the diagnostic process.

Diagnosing charge - 1850 rs (refund subject to eligibility)

< You need to sign out from iCloud and all ur datas in phone will be lost in this process>

Once you submit the device inform customer care team

Now they will collect the diagnosis report and other infos directly from service centre itself.These will be cross examined by relevant departments.

You will be contacted then to inform exemption availed for ur case.

That's it Job done!!

After updating IPhone to 16.6 version , display is showing horizontal green and red lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.