Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Can I Prevent SMS/Text Messages Coming From Email Addresses?

I get a lot of spam SMS messages coming from bogus email addresses. I do not want any SMS messages from any email address, at all. I have tried Settings --> Messages --> Message Filtering --> Filter Unknown Senders, but the messages still arrive and appear and show up as notifications.

Why isn't there a switch that says "Reject ALL Messages From Unknown Email Addresses"? Because the current "filtering" doesn't. I know I do not want any email address sending me an SMS, ever.

If this is a Carrier issue ( Evasion), then say so - but if allegedly the "Filter Unknown Senders" switch could work at all, it's an  problem, not a Carrier problem.

iPhone: 13 Pro Max

iOS: 15.4.1

Carrier: AT&T

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 4:47 AM

Call AT&T customer service (*611).

Ask them to look up article *446389 in their system.

That explains what they have to do to block all SMS/MMS messages that originate from email addresses instead of phone numbers at their gateway.

It shouldn't take them more than a few minutes to effect the change.

That will completely stop all of the SMS and MMS messages that you are getting from email addresses.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 4:47 AM in response to objectivist

Call AT&T customer service (*611).

Ask them to look up article *446389 in their system.

That explains what they have to do to block all SMS/MMS messages that originate from email addresses instead of phone numbers at their gateway.

It shouldn't take them more than a few minutes to effect the change.

That will completely stop all of the SMS and MMS messages that you are getting from email addresses.

Apr 12, 2022 4:48 AM in response to Smilin-Brian

That's not the problem. It's not an SMS message that looks like it's from Apple - it's SMS messages coming from email addresses that are not valid, not in my contacts list, and should be blocked, but are not.

What I'm looking for is some way to prevent any SMS message sent from any email address from arriving or showing up in my SMS list.

Thanks.

How Can I Prevent SMS/Text Messages Coming From Email Addresses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.