Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I BLOCK all texts from unknown senders?

Spam texts are becoming a serious problem for me, and I'm sure many others. The only way to help this problem that I've found is to turn on "filter unknown senders". This DOES NOT solve the problem AT ALL. I continue to receive multiple texts a day with contents along the lines of "suck my br****s and show me your c**k, just click this link..." LITERALLY. All the "filter unknown senders" option does is put those texts in a different inbox than my known senders. I even still see them whenever I open the messages app.

There must be a way to block at least the notifications, if not the texts themselves, from appearing on my iPhone. It is embarrassing when people see these texts abruptly pop up on my iPhone, and extremely frustrating, as there's nothing I can do about it. Does anybody have a solution to this problem??

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 9:19 PM

jackwarren430 Said:

"How can I BLOCK all texts from unknown senders?[...]There must be a way to block at least the notifications, if not the texts themselves, from appearing on my iPhone."

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you suspect activity issues, and interacted with it an any form, then modify the you credentials:

C. Report this to Apple:

Have a Screenshot fo this? Forward a screenshot of this as an attachment to Apple using this eMail address: reportphishing@apple.com. In the comments pane, inform Apple of what the attachment is all about: an eMail containing an attachment of a phishing scam.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 9:19 PM in response to jackwarren430

jackwarren430 Said:

"How can I BLOCK all texts from unknown senders?[...]There must be a way to block at least the notifications, if not the texts themselves, from appearing on my iPhone."

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you suspect activity issues, and interacted with it an any form, then modify the you credentials:

C. Report this to Apple:

Have a Screenshot fo this? Forward a screenshot of this as an attachment to Apple using this eMail address: reportphishing@apple.com. In the comments pane, inform Apple of what the attachment is all about: an eMail containing an attachment of a phishing scam.

How can I BLOCK all texts from unknown senders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.