Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to receive Security code texts on iPad

My IPhone is able to receive the security code texts from various websites, but those texts would not flow to my iPad, although iMessage works fine on my iPad. I have also make sure the Message setting is linked to my phone number and the Apple ID used for my phone and iPad is the same.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 6:34 AM

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 6:34 AM in response to Fifty8618

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

Not able to receive Security code texts on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.