Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

right size all columns individually as default for column view

Hi - I would like to ask for help on setting a default behavior for a finder window in column view. Specifically, I would like all windows in column view to default to "right size all columns individually" - how can I set this as the default option? Currently, whenever an item is selected in column view, the columns rearrange in such a way as to remove the filenames from visibility, so you can't see other folders or even the name of the folder you have selected. I would like to be able to see all of the filenames in columns to navigate easily through folders and files. I am aware that I can do this individually each time I open a new window. The format of windows when the right size all columns individually option is selected is perfect, but I would like to set a global behavior that make such repetitive actions unnecessary. Thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 9:44 AM

As far as I can remember if you set the Home folder to "right size all columns individually" any new Finder windows will follow suit. You would have to manually set any pre-existing folders.

1 reply

right size all columns individually as default for column view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.