Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use Find my iPhone on my PC without a code from the missing phone?

I have an iPhone XR on iOS 15.3.1. Two Factor Authentication is on by default. My question is should i ever lose my iPhone how am I supposed to use Find my iPhone on my PC without a code from the phone I can't find, my understanding is one turned on the two step process is permanent so should I ever lose my phone I will never be able to find it without the code sent to a phone I cant find?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 1:00 PM

Also, I forgot to say that even though you can access iCloud Find My without needing a two-factor code, I would strongly encourage you to set up more than one trusted phone number for other reasons (e.g., access to other areas of iCloud or to your account settings, etc). The other phone numbers can be Androids, landlines, friend's or relative's phones. See instructions in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2022 1:00 PM in response to CMD517

Also, I forgot to say that even though you can access iCloud Find My without needing a two-factor code, I would strongly encourage you to set up more than one trusted phone number for other reasons (e.g., access to other areas of iCloud or to your account settings, etc). The other phone numbers can be Androids, landlines, friend's or relative's phones. See instructions in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Apr 12, 2022 1:15 PM in response to CMD517

Fox’s answer was absolutely correct about phone finding.

As you’re obviously “thinking ahead” …

… since you said “PC” I’m presuming that your iPhone might be your only Apple device.

The question NOT asked was, “How do I regain access to my AppleID w/o my phone?”

(You’ll need to do this to setup a replacement iPhone)

The answer are “Trusted Numbers” - these are effectively “recovery” numbers - in addition to your trusted devices - which are OUTSIDE of your AppleID.

You can have your 2FA codes sent to any of these these pre-designated numbers to regain access to your account

Far too many posters here have gotten themselves into a bind by NOT setting-up useful / accessible trusted numbers.

See “Trusted Numbers” section in fol article:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

How to use Find my iPhone on my PC without a code from the missing phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.