Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

F keys don't work on my brand new Magic Keyboard

My F keys don't work with my new magic keyboard.

I can't control volume brightness etc.

I've looked for solutions but run into this situation where my system preferences keyboard info doesn't give me the same options as the article that is trying to explain how to fix it?

What's the solution?

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 12:49 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Community.

Take a look at: If your Mac doesn’t respond to key presses - Apple Support.

If the issue persists, test in Safe Mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

If you need more help, or Safe Mode did not help, contact Apple Support: Get Support.

Jack

7 replies

Apr 12, 2022 2:35 PM in response to ConfusedBermudian

And the previous keyboard was running fine until I spilled a cup of coffee into it...

Still worked fine but once the coffee and sugar started to completely dry out the keys began to get stuck down and take a second or two to pop up again, hence the purchase of new Magic keyboard.

Typing is fine, just the F keys being weird and not doing what they are supposed to.

Apr 12, 2022 2:36 PM in response to dialabrain

And the previous keyboard was running fine until I spilled a cup of coffee into it...

Still worked fine but once the coffee and sugar started to completely dry out the keys began to get stuck down and take a second or two to pop up again, hence the purchase of new Magic keyboard.

Typing is fine, just the F keys being weird and not doing what they are supposed to.

F keys don't work on my brand new Magic Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.