Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left earbud (sony wf-1000mx3) will only play sound if it is from a call. Only happens on macbook.

After answering a call on my macbook M1pro with my earbuds (sony wf-1000mx3) connected my left earbud will no longer play sound from anywhere unless it is from a call. This problem only happens on my macbook, if I connect them to my phone they work fine. I'm not sure if this is a problem from the earbuds or the computer but I've tried every kind of reseting sony allows me to do with no luck. I've also removed the earbuds from the bluetooth preferences and repaired them multiple times. If I'm not on a call there's no sound coming from the left earbud, but as soon as I answer a call (whatsapp, phone, skype) the left earbud outputs sound and if I try to listen to any type of media while in the call it also outputs the audio from that. Seems kind of bizarre to me.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2022 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 11:02 AM

Hey duarte81,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. If possible, we would like to have you test this issue with other headphones or earbuds. If the issue isn't present, the best option would be to reach out to Sony to see if this is an issue they can resolve on their end.

It sounds like you've already used the steps below, but to be sure nothing is missed make sure you removed with a Control-click of its name, and then paired again by:

Make sure the device is turned on and discoverable (see the device’s documentation for details).

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth 

Select the device in the list, then click Connect.

If asked, click Accept (or enter a series of numbers, then press Enter).

See more on that here: Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac

Thanks

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 11:02 AM in response to duarte81

Hey duarte81,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. If possible, we would like to have you test this issue with other headphones or earbuds. If the issue isn't present, the best option would be to reach out to Sony to see if this is an issue they can resolve on their end.

It sounds like you've already used the steps below, but to be sure nothing is missed make sure you removed with a Control-click of its name, and then paired again by:

Make sure the device is turned on and discoverable (see the device’s documentation for details).

On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Bluetooth 

Select the device in the list, then click Connect.

If asked, click Accept (or enter a series of numbers, then press Enter).

See more on that here: Connect a Bluetooth device with your Mac

Thanks

Left earbud (sony wf-1000mx3) will only play sound if it is from a call. Only happens on macbook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.