Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In app purchases won’t let me pay

When trying to make an in app purchase, a pop up appears stating the cost etc. The only option to proceed to is a “Purchase” button. This then asks me to sign in with my Apple ID. A pop up then appears saying “Continue to sign and and provide billing info”. Finally it brings me to the App Store “manage payments” page where there is no option to pay for the in app purchase.

So basically I cannot currently make an in app purchase even though this had previously worked for me. I should be able to use either my apple wallet or debit card for this but it doesn’t seem to work. Any help?

thanks

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 2:09 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with managing payments on your Apple ID.

If you are already updated to iOS 15.4.1, reference the following below. If you are not, I would recommend updating first.

Prior to attempting to complete the purchase, update your payment method:

• Settings > Name > Payment & Shipping > Add Payment Method.
  • Settings > Name > Media & Purchases > View Account > Manage Payments > Add Payment Method.
  • appleid.apple.com > sign in with your Apple ID > Payment Methods > View Details > add your payment method.

If Wallet is linked to your Apple ID for purchases, and you usually use your cards tied to Apple Pay, to remove the primary payment linked with Wallet you will need to go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > click on the affected card > remove this card.

When the card is removed from Wallet, it removes Wallet from being linked to your Apple ID. If you had a payment method on file prior to linking Wallet, it will revert back to that original payment method. You can then update your payment method as normal using the above referenced options. Wallet will only become linked to your Apple ID again when you view your payment methods within Settings, and select the option ‘Link with Apple Pay’.

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 2:09 AM in response to mags_99

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with managing payments on your Apple ID.

If you are already updated to iOS 15.4.1, reference the following below. If you are not, I would recommend updating first.

Prior to attempting to complete the purchase, update your payment method:

• Settings > Name > Payment & Shipping > Add Payment Method.
  • Settings > Name > Media & Purchases > View Account > Manage Payments > Add Payment Method.
  • appleid.apple.com > sign in with your Apple ID > Payment Methods > View Details > add your payment method.

If Wallet is linked to your Apple ID for purchases, and you usually use your cards tied to Apple Pay, to remove the primary payment linked with Wallet you will need to go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay > click on the affected card > remove this card.

When the card is removed from Wallet, it removes Wallet from being linked to your Apple ID. If you had a payment method on file prior to linking Wallet, it will revert back to that original payment method. You can then update your payment method as normal using the above referenced options. Wallet will only become linked to your Apple ID again when you view your payment methods within Settings, and select the option ‘Link with Apple Pay’.

Hope this helps.

In app purchases won’t let me pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.