Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone clock alarm snooze

How am I supposed to cancel an alarm snooze in progress, but leave the alarm on for tomorrow?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 3:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 4:35 AM

You have to wait until it sounds again after the snooze period then stop the alarm instead of snooze.

Then it will come back on the next day you have set in the Repeat setting.

If it is awkward turn off the snooze function altogether.

9 replies

Apr 17, 2022 10:31 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you both very much for your help. IdrisSeabright's instructions worked great. And LD150 made me feel better about being frustrated with needing to know a trick to do a basic thing. I think it should be more intuitive. Apple seems to have forgotten what gave them the big advantage when Microsoft was based on DOS, forcing people to know codes to accomplish anything. Thank you for being there.

Apr 18, 2022 10:39 AM in response to efghjkjgtfdvbjkuytfdcv

efghjkjgtfdvbjkuytfdcv wrote:

I think it should be more intuitive. Apple seems to have forgotten what gave them the big advantage when Microsoft was based on DOS, forcing people to know codes to accomplish anything. Thank you for being there.

You can let Apple know your thoughts on the matter here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Best of luck.

Apr 13, 2022 10:19 AM in response to LD150

I appreciate an answer, but that function design indicates that Apple doesn't pay attention to how people actually use the snooze feature. I also gather that you cannot change the length of snooze time (even though the same app has a timer), or change the volume (separately from the phone). In general, the alarm clock is screwed up, people have been asking these questions for years, and Apple doesn't care. They need to be listening to these questions and solving problems, instead of counting on hype surrounding "new product releases."

Apr 14, 2022 2:38 PM in response to efghjkjgtfdvbjkuytfdcv

efghjkjgtfdvbjkuytfdcv wrote:

How am I supposed to cancel an alarm snooze in progress, but leave the alarm on for tomorrow?

You can do it from the lock screen. If the screen of the phone is locked, you'll se a notification on the phone. Press and hold then press "Stop". This will stop the alarm from ringing at the snooze period but leave it the alarm enabled.

iPhone clock alarm snooze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.