Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen sharing/mirroring iphone 7 to MacBook Pro

I'm trying to stream youtube tv from my iphone 7 to my macbook pro. In system preferences/sharing I checked airplay receiver. In control center on the phone I click the mirroring or screen sharing icon but the phone does not display macbook as an option. I also tried streaming Apple Music from phone to Macbook and again the macbook does not appear as an option.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 11:47 AM

What macOS is your Macbook Pro running. Airplay to Mac is a new function in Monterey. If you are running Monterey, make sure it is fully updated, as that feature may have come in after the first iterations of that OS version.

Sysreqs for Airplay to Mac are included in this Apple document:

System requirements for Continuity on Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 11:47 AM in response to jdwait

What macOS is your Macbook Pro running. Airplay to Mac is a new function in Monterey. If you are running Monterey, make sure it is fully updated, as that feature may have come in after the first iterations of that OS version.

Sysreqs for Airplay to Mac are included in this Apple document:

System requirements for Continuity on Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

screen sharing/mirroring iphone 7 to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.