Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will playlists get lost when I change from personal subscription to family sharing?

Hello,

I want to change my Apple Music Account from single to family sharing.

My question is: will I or the other family members lose their existing Apple Music Playlists when I added them to the family account?

Thank you and kind regards

Kevin

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 10:23 AM

You and other family members will still retain your music library as long as you do not cancel your individual subscriptions first. See the footnote in the 'First, set up Family Sharing' section of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2022 10:23 AM in response to klindner89

You and other family members will still retain your music library as long as you do not cancel your individual subscriptions first. See the footnote in the 'First, set up Family Sharing' section of:

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

"If someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group."

Will playlists get lost when I change from personal subscription to family sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.