Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 - top-left microphone display; how do I turn it off?

On the top-left of my iPhone 13 display, there is a microphone displayed (photo included). If I go into Messages, it displays my speech? How do I turn it off? Why does it display my speech? Why is the microphone display even there?

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 10:55 AM

Hello Rudy18,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. This suggests you may have Voice Control turned on. Here is more info about that.

Use Voice Control to interact with iPhone - Apple Support

"Turn Voice Control on or off

After you set up Voice Control, you can turn it on or off quickly by using any of the following methods:

• Activate Siri and say “Turn on Voice Control.”
  • Say “Turn off Voice Control.”
  • Add Voice Control to Accessibility Shortcuts—go to Settings  > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut, then tap Voice Control."

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 10:55 AM in response to Rudy18

Hello Rudy18,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. This suggests you may have Voice Control turned on. Here is more info about that.

Use Voice Control to interact with iPhone - Apple Support

"Turn Voice Control on or off

After you set up Voice Control, you can turn it on or off quickly by using any of the following methods:

• Activate Siri and say “Turn on Voice Control.”
  • Say “Turn off Voice Control.”
  • Add Voice Control to Accessibility Shortcuts—go to Settings  > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut, then tap Voice Control."

Cheers!

iPhone 13 - top-left microphone display; how do I turn it off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.