Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Apple TV and when I duplicate my Mac screen when using HBO Max and another streaming the image turn into black but the sound its Ok. Why is this happening?

I have an Apple TV and when I duplicate my Mac screen when using HBO Max and another streaming the image turn into black but the sound its Ok. Why is this happening?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 12:19 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

HBO Max says to support AirPlay to AirPlay 2 compatible devices. That is, to Apple TV (4th generation or later) or to AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs. Older Apple TV box models are not supported for this content provider.

Stream to your TV using AirPlay - HBO Max Help Center

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 12:19 AM in response to LoreCep

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

HBO Max says to support AirPlay to AirPlay 2 compatible devices. That is, to Apple TV (4th generation or later) or to AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs. Older Apple TV box models are not supported for this content provider.

Stream to your TV using AirPlay - HBO Max Help Center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.