Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete the Messages app on my iPad, will I still have them in my iPhone?

My iPad has no more storage. To make space I want to delete my text Messages app, which I also have on my iPhone. If I delete the Messages app on my iPad, will I still have the Messages app and its content on my iPhone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 3:38 AM

Actually, you can't delete the Messages app. The app in itself doesn't take up much space so even if you could delete it wouldn't help with storage space. To clear space have a look at what's using the storage in Settings > General > iPad Storage.

4 replies

Apr 14, 2022 3:07 AM in response to picas

Just to clarify, if I delete the text messaging app on my iPad, it will delete the app and the text messages on my iPad as well as the text messages on my iPhone, but it will not delete the text messaging app (Messages) on my iPhone. So this will result in me still having the text messaging app on my Iphone but all of the old text messages will be gone. Is that correct?

If I delete the Messages app on my iPad, will I still have them in my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.