Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi there, is anyone else experiencing issues with the Zoom slider in photos? The zoom percentage seems to randomly change for particular photos and I can't seem to set a default zoom for the library (eg. fit to screen). Any tips welcome.

Hi there, is anyone else experiencing issues with the Zoom slider in photos? The zoom percentage seems to randomly change for particular photos and I can't seem to set a default zoom for the library (eg. fit to screen). Any tips welcome.

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:29 AM

I can just give the standard WAG solution:

Try to start in safe mode and see if it happens there:

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Sometimes, just starting in safe mode and going back to regular mode will clear up issues like this.

No promises, though. 8^)

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 14, 2022 5:46 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Thanks for your reply. I’ve just completed the latest software update. What is even more frustrating is that I can view the same image at different intervals, and sometimes

the zoom will be at 154% and other times it will be at 84%. I’m certain it has nothing to do with the picture quality as the zoom can be different for photos taken at the same time. Frustrating!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.