Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone working but screen is black

I have an iPhone XS that seems to be working fine, but the screen is black, I can hear the sounds when I try to unlock the iPhone.

I have tried:

• To press the button volume (+) then volume (-) then keep on pressing the power button until the iPhone enters to recovery mode, because I did connect it to my Mac, but the logo does not appear.
  • I tried to update the iPhone in recovery mode to the latest update iOS 15.4.1, and it did restart afterward but the phone stays on black screen.

The only last option left is to reset the iPhone to factory settings but I'm afraid of losing my data and the phone would stay in the same state.

EDIT:

• I tried to reset the iPhone to factory settings but that did not help as well.

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 5:33 AM

It sounds like you tried this: If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen – Apple Support (UK). Since you are still having a problem, I would suggest that you get an appointment at an Apple Store for help with this.

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 14, 2022 5:33 AM in response to Safiy Errahmane

Reading the troubleshooting steps you already performed (to no avail), I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iPhone working but screen is black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.