Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery back-up issue post update to Mac OS 12.3.1

After I have updated MacBook Pro to OS 12.3.1, the battery back-up has reduced very significantly. Earlier, I used to get back-up of around 10 Hours and now with the same operation pattern, I am getting backup of 6 hours only. Need solution against the same or also would like to downgrade to earlier version Mac OS.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:55 AM

viramayur wrote:

After I have updated MacBook Pro to OS 12.3.1, the battery back-up has reduced very significantly. Earlier, I used to get back-up of around 10 Hours and now with the same operation pattern, I am getting backup of 6 hours only. Need solution against the same or also would like to downgrade to earlier version Mac OS.

You do not say what exact Mac is this....

Intel—Try resetting the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

M1 —Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 6:55 AM in response to viramayur

viramayur wrote:

Apr 23, 2022 3:00 AM in response to viramayur

You've gotten support; you have an Apple recommended solution. Did you try it? What was the result?

Your have to help us help you. Give this a read: Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

Battery back-up issue post update to Mac OS 12.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.