Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Password for Backup, whilst restoring onto my New iPhone 13?

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 6:55 AM

Only you would know that. You and you alone set that passcode to encrypt the backups. The password is not stored anywhere else and nobody but you can know it.

If you no longer remember the passcode, then you will need to turn off encryption and reset the passcode as explained in the support document you posted from, and create a new unencrypted backup if possible you can use for your new iPhone.

The encrypted backups cannot be accessed without the passcode used to encrypt them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2022 6:55 AM in response to Dr N Nagesh

Only you would know that. You and you alone set that passcode to encrypt the backups. The password is not stored anywhere else and nobody but you can know it.

If you no longer remember the passcode, then you will need to turn off encryption and reset the passcode as explained in the support document you posted from, and create a new unencrypted backup if possible you can use for your new iPhone.

The encrypted backups cannot be accessed without the passcode used to encrypt them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.