Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud -- cannot login on Mac -- can login on iphone

Hi everyone. I'm having a recurring issue now for the past few hours with icloud on my Mac. My notes stopped syncing across mac and iphone yesterday. I logged out of icloud on my mac (Macbook 15-inch 2018 running 10.13.6 up to date) toda. I could not log back in. Every time i tried i get this message: "You can't sign in at this time. Try signing in again." (See attached). When i tried to login on safari, i got a similar message: "Connection Error. iCloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server." (See attached). Note, i can log in to icloud on any browser that is not safari. I am also logged in on my iPhone and everything is up to date there. My imessages has cease functioning on my computer as well. When i login using my password i get this message: "Verification Failed. An unknown error occurred."

I have tried a number of solutions:

1. Restarted.

2. Cleared cache on safari.

3. Changed icloud password (it works on my iphone and non-safari browsers, but not my mac).

3. Deleted the icloud folder in library

4. Deleted the keychain. (saved to another folder). When i logged back in after restart and attempted to login, got the same errors.

Any other ideas? I've researched the issue and everything i've found revolves back to the options above or calling apple.

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 9:59 AM

Deleted the keychain folder ? why .

A thread iCloud: "You can't sign in at this time" - Apple Community

It might be helpful for others , rather erase the hard drive and reinstall Mac OS Use Disk Utility to erase an Intel-based Mac - Apple Support

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

icloud -- cannot login on Mac -- can login on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.