Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PAGES v.11.1

In a single document I want the first paragraph to run full width of page margins. Then I want the remainder to be two-columns. I thought inserting a SECTION after the first paragraph would do it BUT it inserted a PAGE BREAK, which I do not want.

How do I "delete" the break ONLY SO both of my section-types appear on the same page:

• first paragraph appears as commonly used as a HEADER
  • second paragraph as a text body.

Please do not suggest I start all over again, using a PAGE LAYOUT instead of my WORD-PROCESSING document.

Help?

If in the "PAGES USER GUIDE for Mac" maybe just help me find that, there, which I failed to be able to do.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 3:12 PM

Select the content following your margin-wide first paragraph. Then click the layout tab and then bump the column count up to 2. Now the remainder of your selected text becomes two columns.

1 reply

PAGES v.11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.