Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two different people using one Apple ID on two different iPhones

My wife must upgrade from her current flip phone due to 3G CDMA retirement. My plan to replace it is to activate and move my number to an iPhone 8 for myself have her number switched to my current iPhone 7. We would use the same (my current) Apple ID on both phones without mirroring.

Currently I use a MacBook and my iPhone 7. The only app I really share a lot between the two devices is Calendar.My wife and I both occasionally use an iPad which uses my Apple ID and also shares Calendar info with my MacBook.

Since we only have one car, we would like to be able to share Calendar information entered on any of the three devices in use. However, we would like texts, emails and calls to go only to the intended recipient. Will setting up both iPhones using my current Apple ID without mirroring accomplish what we desire?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 2:35 PM

It will be an uphill struggle to do what you require.

You are strongly recommended to have different Apple IDs but your wife can add your iCloud Calendar to her Settings, Calendars if you set up an app-specific password. Ditto contacts etc.

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

4 replies

Two different people using one Apple ID on two different iPhones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.