Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Siri so useless for me?

I have so many problems with Siri, it’s hard to know where to begin.

1. If I say, “Hey Siri, phone home,” nothing happens. It if I say, “Hey Siri, phone home ***, the call is placed.
  2. The same phenomenon happens on other devices, like iPad and Mac, when using Siri for other tasks, like playing music.
  3. But only sometimes. Sometimes, when I ask to play a song, it tries to play it in Spotify or asks for authorization to use Spotify. I have an Apple Music account, but not a Spotify account. I rarely access Spotify.

How can I get Siri to do what I ask without having to swear? Just calling her an idiot isn’t enough; it has to be “***.” How can I get music to play in Apple Music without having to jump through hoops just so it doesn’t use an app I rarely use?

[Edited by Moderator] 

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2022 1:23 PM

Siri is useless. Especially when you compare it to the other va’s out there. Apple has totally dropped the ball with this. A decade of development and still no progress from 2012.

4 replies

Why is Siri so useless for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.