Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 12 on Mac hangs, now unusable

Pages 12 is unusable for me. If I open my previous files, and try to copy/edit the text, I get the spinning wheel. Only option is force quit. Anyone else have this problem? Doesn't matter if I created the file last week or last year, ALL of my Pages files are now unavailable/inaccessible to me. Switching to MS Word to meet my report deadlines...

MB Pro (2018), 256G SSD, 16G RAM

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:57 AM

Update from macOS 12.1 to 12.3.1, and try Pages v12.0 again by initially launching it with the shift key pressed. That prevents it from loading its last saved execution state, and it may behave.

If that does not cure it, follow the instructions for booting into Safe Boot Mode, try Pages 12.0 again, reboot normally, and again try it as suggested in the first paragraph.

If two paragraphs have not been fixed yet, move Pages 12.0 to the Trash, and reinstall it from the Mac App Store. This is especially true if you had previously used any third-party so-called cleaning tool that may have removed parts of the Pages application itself.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 7:57 AM in response to EJW Tas

Update from macOS 12.1 to 12.3.1, and try Pages v12.0 again by initially launching it with the shift key pressed. That prevents it from loading its last saved execution state, and it may behave.

If that does not cure it, follow the instructions for booting into Safe Boot Mode, try Pages 12.0 again, reboot normally, and again try it as suggested in the first paragraph.

If two paragraphs have not been fixed yet, move Pages 12.0 to the Trash, and reinstall it from the Mac App Store. This is especially true if you had previously used any third-party so-called cleaning tool that may have removed parts of the Pages application itself.

Pages 12 on Mac hangs, now unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.