Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages quit unexpectedly

I use MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 therefore I updated to pages 10.3.5 and it only worked for a day. Now every time I try to open any Pages file a window pops up and says "Pages quit unexpectedly". Although when I want to open a Word File with Pages it works. It also works if I copy the Pages file to an external hard disk and open it from there in Pages. When I send a Pages file to someone that uses iPhone it's showed as zip file to the person receiving it.

I tried every troubleshooting I found online (cleaned cache, cookies, tried opening through safemode, FirstAid troubleshooting, tried changing the format .txt .doc or .zip and back to .pages, tried opening via different apps, looked if the files are locked, went to Library/Containers and deleted com.apple.iWork.pages) but nothing works.

Please help!

I did not do a backup therefore I cannot downgrade.

MacBook, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2020 3:24 PM

mac_profile Said:

"pages quit unexpectedly: I use MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 therefore I updated to pages 10.3.5 and it only worked for a day. Now every time I try to open any Pages file a window pops up and says 'Pages quit unexpectedly'. [...] I did not do a backup therefore I cannot downgrade."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

If that application cannot be opened 100%, then you may need to reinstall the macOS. The upgrade may not have been 100% successful.

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Always Back Up:

Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a Time Machine backup of your Mac prior to installing and upgrade, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the transfer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2020 3:24 PM in response to mac_profile

mac_profile Said:

"pages quit unexpectedly: I use MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 therefore I updated to pages 10.3.5 and it only worked for a day. Now every time I try to open any Pages file a window pops up and says 'Pages quit unexpectedly'. [...] I did not do a backup therefore I cannot downgrade."

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

If that application cannot be opened 100%, then you may need to reinstall the macOS. The upgrade may not have been 100% successful.

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Always Back Up:

Take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a Time Machine backup of your Mac prior to installing and upgrade, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the transfer.

pages quit unexpectedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.