Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPad Mini 4 won’t turn off

My iPad mini 4 won’t turn off but when I use the power button to turn it on, my iPad turns on. My iPad is 7 years old, is this problem due to the age? I have other problems like the touchscreen not working and the home button coming out.

Posted on Apr 14, 2022 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 9:16 AM

Hello sunny_nat,

Try force restarting your device.

• For an iPad without a Home button: Press and quickly release the volume button closest to the top button. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button. Press and hold the top button until your iPad restarts.

• For an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold both the top (or side) button and the Home button until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 9:16 AM in response to sunny_nat

Hello sunny_nat,

Try force restarting your device.

• For an iPad without a Home button: Press and quickly release the volume button closest to the top button. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button. Press and hold the top button until your iPad restarts.

• For an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold both the top (or side) button and the Home button until you see the Apple logo.

My IPad Mini 4 won’t turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.