Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Section break in the middle of the page

Hello,

I want to delete a footer but because the section break is in the middle of the page, the footer is considered to be in section 2 lets say. I can add a new fake section so the footer is in the new section but the new section adds a black page that I don't wan't in my book. Is there a way to add a section break and continue (I guess not because you can drag & drop in thumbnails, but it is worth asking the experts).

I want:

Section 2 (break in the middle of the page)

Footer DELETED

Section 3 (on a new page, not on 2 new pages)

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 1:50 PM

"I want:

Footer DELETED

Thanks!"

Seems to work h.ere. I inserted page numbers in header and footer to make those in separate sections visible in the same screen shot. Section 1 format was set to lower case Roman numerals. hose in Section 2 were set to Arabic digits. Formats and numbering were correct when set to continue from previous section (seen here), or to /start at 1 (second image).

Second image:

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 1:50 PM in response to jdiazkropman

"I want:

Footer DELETED

Thanks!"

Seems to work h.ere. I inserted page numbers in header and footer to make those in separate sections visible in the same screen shot. Section 1 format was set to lower case Roman numerals. hose in Section 2 were set to Arabic digits. Formats and numbering were correct when set to continue from previous section (seen here), or to /start at 1 (second image).

Second image:

Regards,

Barry

Section break in the middle of the page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.