Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Header and Footer don't have 3 sections anymore

Hi

What is happening to Pages?

Among other problems way more important, now header and footer don't have 3 sections, only one, and, for instance, I can't add a page number in the middle of the footer, o no, now i can only add one in the side.

Baffling. Maybe there's a reason crap and app rhyme.

Any ideas?

royks

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:31 AM

You have opened a Pages '08 or '09 document (no segmented footer) in the newer Pages, and until you attempt to change anything, it presents a single segment header/footer. Once you attempt to make a change, the document will be converted into the modern document format and the tripartite header and footer will be present.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2021 7:31 AM in response to royksjr

You have opened a Pages '08 or '09 document (no segmented footer) in the newer Pages, and until you attempt to change anything, it presents a single segment header/footer. Once you attempt to make a change, the document will be converted into the modern document format and the tripartite header and footer will be present.

Mar 27, 2021 6:28 AM in response to royksjr

Hi royks,

What version of Pages? Pages Menu > About Pages

What version of the operating system? Apple Menu > About This Mac

Headers and Footers with single fields went out when Pages '09 was replaced with Pages 5.0 in late 2013.

Here is a screen shot of a document from a template that I carried forward from Pages '09 to Pages 5.0 (and later versions):

Regards,

Ian.

Header and Footer don't have 3 sections anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.