Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow especially at startup

My iMac (iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)), has been much slower as of late, especially at startup. Further, apps have been crashing and/or not responding far more often than ever happened before. Is there anything I can do to remedy the issue?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:57 AM

I suspect the Fusion drive may have become split. However before going down that road, please open System Preferences - Users & Groups - Select your user name on left - click Login Item tab - select apps you do not want to launch on startup and then click the - symbol in the window to remove them from startup items.

If you find the Fusion drive is split, please read How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support and fix it or take the machine to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be repaired.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 7:57 AM in response to VinDieselMonsterTruck

I suspect the Fusion drive may have become split. However before going down that road, please open System Preferences - Users & Groups - Select your user name on left - click Login Item tab - select apps you do not want to launch on startup and then click the - symbol in the window to remove them from startup items.

If you find the Fusion drive is split, please read How to fix a split Fusion Drive - Apple Support and fix it or take the machine to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be repaired.

Slow especially at startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.