Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slow imac after startup

imac is incredible slow after startup. I usually have to wait 30-40mins before I can do anything. lots of beachballing. I did run an etrecheck report, but need help solving the issues that it found... any help appreciated.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2019 7:32 AM

Completely uninstall CleanMyMac as per the developers instructions. It is not necessary and know to create very serious problems for macOS.

You have way to many resource hungry third party app's (ie CleanMyMac, MS Office, MS OneDrive and Chrome) loading/launching at startup and they are bogging down everything... Go to your user login items and remove those from automatically opening at startup/login.

Then restart your Mac, run and post the new EtreCheckPro report.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2019 7:32 AM in response to nbend9

Completely uninstall CleanMyMac as per the developers instructions. It is not necessary and know to create very serious problems for macOS.

You have way to many resource hungry third party app's (ie CleanMyMac, MS Office, MS OneDrive and Chrome) loading/launching at startup and they are bogging down everything... Go to your user login items and remove those from automatically opening at startup/login.

Then restart your Mac, run and post the new EtreCheckPro report.

slow imac after startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.