Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted messages

Can someone retrieve my deleted messages without me knowing, without my permission?

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 7:56 AM

The only way for someone to retrieve deleted messages from you is to have possession of a backup you made of your iPhone. If you were using iCloud Messages, once deleted, they are not recoverable. And if you are using iCloud backup, someone would need to have your iCloud ID, password, the ability to receive your 2 factor authentication codes, etc. So I would say no, there is no way.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 7:56 AM in response to kristinefrommurrieta

The only way for someone to retrieve deleted messages from you is to have possession of a backup you made of your iPhone. If you were using iCloud Messages, once deleted, they are not recoverable. And if you are using iCloud backup, someone would need to have your iCloud ID, password, the ability to receive your 2 factor authentication codes, etc. So I would say no, there is no way.

Deleted messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.