Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i ran out of storage. i am reviewing large attachments and want to save them to icloud, but a lot of the shared albums, or downloads locations offered by the save function is not in icloud. how do i save to PC or icloud?

I am looking at the review large attachments and when wanting to save one o the attachments, if i select shared albums, my iCloud does not show the shared album.

if i save to downloads, the file does not save in iCloud,

my iCloud does not have the same shared album's

saving large attachment to imovies does not work either because imovies is not in iCloud.

How do i get these attachments saved? on PC or google photos or icloud... pretty annoying.

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 11:44 AM

Lengthy, but I hope i paint the whole picture here...

if I go to settings>general>iPhone storage it shows a bar graph of data.

below that is auto delete... and below that is Review Large Attachments

this gives me a list of all the large attachments (i am not sure if they are in messages or emails it does not say where they are)

if I select one, I have the "send to" icon which gives options to send to other people in messages, this is top row.

second row has these options in order:

AirDrop - iMovie - Messages - Mail - Instagram - Internet Browser - Twitter - Notes - Pinterest - GMAIL - More

Selecting more offers the same suggestions but in a vertical format over the horizontal I just left...

below the second row, there is COPY

then below that is Save Video, which when selected closes the send to function without going anywhere, so I re-select the send to...

continuing down the list:

Save to Pinterest -

Add to Shared album - when I select this, i get the iCloud Shared album post window, with an option to select the shared album. When I scroll through the selections, this is where the list of shared albums is not the same as what I have in iCloud. This is when I created a new shared album, assuming it would create it in iCloud as well, and therefore save the attachment. but the created shared album is only on the iPhone, and not in iCloud. So the question here is why are the shared albums not the same from iPhone to iCloud?

Save to files - This opens a window to a list of options - iCloud Drive and On My Phone, which i do not want because i am trying to get rid of the attachment to save phone space...Selecting iCloud drive turns the arrow downward, but does not offer any options.

At the top of this window, is a folder icon with a plus sign, this opens a create folder window where i can name a new folder, but again, this is not synced with iCloud.

when I create a folder, I get the original screen back, but now offers the folder I just made. Selecting it does nothing, the save button is still greyed out, but if I go up a level, back to just iCloud, the save button at top of screen is now selectable, hitting it saves it to my folders app on my iPhone, but not in iCloud.

Download YouTube

So that is the dilemma.

How do I save large attachments from wherever IOS is keeping them to where I can view them? Preferably Google Photos, or even my PC.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 11:44 AM in response to muguy

Lengthy, but I hope i paint the whole picture here...

if I go to settings>general>iPhone storage it shows a bar graph of data.

below that is auto delete... and below that is Review Large Attachments

this gives me a list of all the large attachments (i am not sure if they are in messages or emails it does not say where they are)

if I select one, I have the "send to" icon which gives options to send to other people in messages, this is top row.

second row has these options in order:

AirDrop - iMovie - Messages - Mail - Instagram - Internet Browser - Twitter - Notes - Pinterest - GMAIL - More

Selecting more offers the same suggestions but in a vertical format over the horizontal I just left...

below the second row, there is COPY

then below that is Save Video, which when selected closes the send to function without going anywhere, so I re-select the send to...

continuing down the list:

Save to Pinterest -

Add to Shared album - when I select this, i get the iCloud Shared album post window, with an option to select the shared album. When I scroll through the selections, this is where the list of shared albums is not the same as what I have in iCloud. This is when I created a new shared album, assuming it would create it in iCloud as well, and therefore save the attachment. but the created shared album is only on the iPhone, and not in iCloud. So the question here is why are the shared albums not the same from iPhone to iCloud?

Save to files - This opens a window to a list of options - iCloud Drive and On My Phone, which i do not want because i am trying to get rid of the attachment to save phone space...Selecting iCloud drive turns the arrow downward, but does not offer any options.

At the top of this window, is a folder icon with a plus sign, this opens a create folder window where i can name a new folder, but again, this is not synced with iCloud.

when I create a folder, I get the original screen back, but now offers the folder I just made. Selecting it does nothing, the save button is still greyed out, but if I go up a level, back to just iCloud, the save button at top of screen is now selectable, hitting it saves it to my folders app on my iPhone, but not in iCloud.

Download YouTube

So that is the dilemma.

How do I save large attachments from wherever IOS is keeping them to where I can view them? Preferably Google Photos, or even my PC.

i ran out of storage. i am reviewing large attachments and want to save them to icloud, but a lot of the shared albums, or downloads locations offered by the save function is not in icloud. how do i save to PC or icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.