Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come my MacBook Air is not supported?

This prevents me connecting with my iPhone. It's a new problem after the Monterey update.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 10:33 AM

Check the settings for AirDrop on both devices to determine that you have them setup to receive photos. I have a 2019 MacBook Air with Monterey 12.3.1 and an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.4.1, and I have not experienced any problem with AirDrop. Have you tried AirDropping from the MBA to the iPhone? Next step would be to power cycle both devices after you have verified AirDrop settings.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 10:33 AM in response to Ewan Lamont

Check the settings for AirDrop on both devices to determine that you have them setup to receive photos. I have a 2019 MacBook Air with Monterey 12.3.1 and an iPhone 13 Pro with iOS 15.4.1, and I have not experienced any problem with AirDrop. Have you tried AirDropping from the MBA to the iPhone? Next step would be to power cycle both devices after you have verified AirDrop settings.

Apr 15, 2022 10:34 AM in response to Ewan Lamont

Airdrop does not nor has it ever required the devices be directly connected or paired. Just that bluetooth be turned on.

The update has not changed anything regarding Airdrop. If the Mac is not showing up in your iPhone, on your Mac open the Finder, click on AirDrop on the side panel, and make sure the "Allow me to be discovered by" option at the bottom of the screen is set to Contacts or Everyone and not "No One".

How come my MacBook Air is not supported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.