Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect Apple TV if the remote is broken

Our Apple TV Remote is broken and we cannot switch on Apple TV. I know that I can use the remote function in my iPhone control panel but in order to do so I need to connect the Apple TV itself.

is there a way to do so without buying another Apple TV remote device?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 1:27 PM

Is the original remote physically broken, or just not working? In case of not responding, check the battery, and try pairing or linking again. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (4th generation or later) should be straight-forward to pair with, as described, if both devices are already on the same home network.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 1:27 PM in response to shark215

Is the original remote physically broken, or just not working? In case of not responding, check the battery, and try pairing or linking again. If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (4th generation or later) should be straight-forward to pair with, as described, if both devices are already on the same home network.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

How to connect Apple TV if the remote is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.