Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use iPad and magic keyboard with iPad vertically upright?

Hi there- purchased both iPad Pro and Magic Keyboard today- seems that I am now limited to using the iPad in horizontal mode only? Use of video (such as FaceTime) is impacted by camera angle off to the side. I provide video therapy and with this set up limit I will not seem to be looking at my client head-on. Is the other keyboard a better option for those needing to have iPad in vertical mood so that the camera is centered?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 6:12 PM

No sorry. Magic Keyboard doesn't permit docking your iPad in Portrait orientation. The Smart Folio Keyboard does not either. For an alternate keyboard option, you should look for one which does not use the Smart Connectors, instead using Bluetooth. Brydge is a keyboard option I can personally recommend.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 6:12 PM in response to Lauralucalihoo

No sorry. Magic Keyboard doesn't permit docking your iPad in Portrait orientation. The Smart Folio Keyboard does not either. For an alternate keyboard option, you should look for one which does not use the Smart Connectors, instead using Bluetooth. Brydge is a keyboard option I can personally recommend.

How to use iPad and magic keyboard with iPad vertically upright?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.