Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It won't send me the code to de-register my number

I can't receive messages, as i lost my iphone and had to switch to android. And your solution to the problem is to de-register my number from apple. But to do it, you HAVE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE TO CHECK MY NUMBER???? I CAN'T GET MESSAGES!!! So of course, I can't get the code to verify!! What do I do??

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 9:37 PM

Sondradl Said:

"It won't send me the code to de-register my number: I can't receive messages, as i lost my iphone and had to switch to android. And your solution to the problem is to de-register my number from apple. But to do it, you HAVE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE TO CHECK MY NUMBER???? I CAN'T GET MESSAGES!!! So of course, I can't get the code to verify!! What do I do??"

-------

Change the Phone Number:

Contact Apple Store Support:

Inform Apple Rep that you want to change the assigned phone number to your account. If permitted, the Apple Rep would make the change.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 9:37 PM in response to Sondradl

Sondradl Said:

"It won't send me the code to de-register my number: I can't receive messages, as i lost my iphone and had to switch to android. And your solution to the problem is to de-register my number from apple. But to do it, you HAVE TO SEND ME A MESSAGE TO CHECK MY NUMBER???? I CAN'T GET MESSAGES!!! So of course, I can't get the code to verify!! What do I do??"

-------

Change the Phone Number:

Contact Apple Store Support:

Inform Apple Rep that you want to change the assigned phone number to your account. If permitted, the Apple Rep would make the change.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apr 15, 2022 10:02 PM in response to Sondradl

Sondradl Said:

"It won't send me the code to de-register my number: Can you tell me how to get ahold of 'apple rep'?"

-------

Getting in Contact with an Apple Rep:

A. Call Apple.

If you keep being told to use apple.com for this, then state that you need assistance with something else (i.e. cant download something), as a way to get around this message.

The Ultimate Method:

B. Set Up a Chat Session:

You don't have to be in the USA to fix this. Try a chat session:

1. Go to: support.apple.com
  2. Scroll Down to "Tell us how we can help"
  3. Select: Get Support
  4. Keep: selecting items until you get the chat option..

It won't send me the code to de-register my number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.