Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving auth message on my iPhone

I recently got a new M1 MacBook Pro from my work. I was able to log in to the Apple Store and download some of my applications with my iCloud account. It is running the latest version of Monterey. When I open System Preferences the Apple ID logo has a little red bubble with a "1". If I click on it It takes me to the Apple ID section There is a "Update Apple ID Settings "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again", and a Continue button. When I click Continue I get a popup "Update Apple ID Settings". when I clicck "Continue", it asks for my password (to set up icloud). I enter the password and click "OK". It asks for my Mac password and I enter it. Then it shows the popup with th 6 empty boxes and says it is contacting my iPhone. But I never get the message on my iPhone. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 1:28 PM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   *

Similar questions

1 reply

Not receiving auth message on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.