Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts

I have an iPhone XR. Two contacts with same last name somehow got merged, not by me. I am trying to edit the contacts list, but edits will not stick. I have restarted more than once but the contacts are still wrong.

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 6:34 PM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts.If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2022 6:34 PM in response to KapsPA

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts.If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Apr 18, 2022 8:36 AM in response to KapsPA

I don’t wanna lose too much information. I don’t wanna have to redo too much. I cannot find any place where these two people that just so happen to have the same last name are somehow connected. And I cannot delete one of them. The message I get when I try to delete is that it couldn’t delete it, it’s still read only. What does that mean?

Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.