Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app in LG OLED65B7P won't log in and is unresponsive

After installing the Apple TV+ app (v 1.0.2, 11/15/21) in my LG OLED65B7P and launching it, the app gets stuck on the "login screen" and won't initiate the login process. The TV is connected directly to my router via a CAT5 Ethernet cable so it is not a WiFi problem. If I manage to get the app to its "exit/cancel" screen, the app is also unresponsive. I have done a "hard reset" of the TV by unplugging it for more than 60 seconds and no joy. I also have removed and reinstalled the app without success.

This post is an effort to document this issue as the problem is centered on this version Apple's app. I state that because all other apps have no problem connecting to their vendors using the same hardware/Internet setup. Unless anyone out there has found a work-around, I guess I will have to wait for the app to be updated, if ever.

(N.B.: Apple TV works in two Roku sticks and in my ancient iPhone 5se. I had no need to access Apple TV in that TV until now and thought it would not be a problem. The best plans of mice and men and all that...)

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 2:30 PM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2022 10:24 AM in response to OldHill

Hi there OldHill,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We suggest resetting the Apple TV app to resolve this issue. Per the Apple Support article: "Resetting the Apple TV app restores it to original settings and removes your personal information, TV shows, and movies from the smart TV."

1. In the Apple TV app TV app, navigate to Settings.
  2. Go to Reset, then select Reset.

More info can be found here:

Reset the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps you.

Apple TV app in LG OLED65B7P won't log in and is unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.