Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User name

I changed the user name on my brand new macbook air and it will not do anything except show the picture, my name and a spinning wheel. Been waiting on it for several hours.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2022 9:24 PM

M33bp Said:

"User name: I changed the user name on my brand new macbook air and it will not do anything except show the picture, my name and a spinning wheel. Been waiting on it for several hours. "

-------

Troubleshooting a Stalled Login:

Boot in Safe Mode:

Apparently, the macOS is stalled. To, try logging in while in Safe Mode. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once logged in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then restart your Mac, seeing if you can log in go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2022 9:24 PM in response to M33bp

M33bp Said:

"User name: I changed the user name on my brand new macbook air and it will not do anything except show the picture, my name and a spinning wheel. Been waiting on it for several hours. "

-------

Troubleshooting a Stalled Login:

Boot in Safe Mode:

Apparently, the macOS is stalled. To, try logging in while in Safe Mode. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once logged in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then restart your Mac, seeing if you can log in go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

User name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.